- Using pet- and child-friendly pest control methods
- Following COSHH (Control of Substance Hazardous to Health) guidelines
- Treatment comes with 3- or 4-month guarantee
Available 24/7! Even on bank holidays
Certificates and accreditation
Why Choose our Carpet Beetle Treatment
In the past years, beetles have become a great problem for domestic homes and museum collections. They are a known destroyer of upholstered furniture, wool carpets and all kinds of garments causing serious damage and headache.
To deal with a beetle issue, contact 24/7 Pest Control as we provide advanced carpet beetle treatments in London and surrounding areas.
We are familiar with the various types of beetles in the UK, know all about their habits and have the means and tools to eradicate them quickly before they bring more destruction to your property.
Professional and knowledgeable. Fast and efficient service. Our assigned technician was very good at communicating what needed to be done and when. Polite and quick service.... Read More
Professional and knowledgeable. Fast and efficient service. Our assigned technician was very good at communicating what needed to be done and when. Polite and quick service. Show Less
Jun 6th, 2020
24/7 Pest Control is a very reliable and efficient service that's available all the time. If you have any pest problems, give them a shot!... Read More
24/7 Pest Control is a very reliable and efficient service that's available all the time. If you have any pest problems, give them a shot! Show Less
Jul 15th, 2020
I had a pest problem and I called 24/7 Pest Control. They took care of the problem quickly and provided excellent customer care. I highly recommend their courteous and prompt servi... Read More
I had a pest problem and I called 24/7 Pest Control. They took care of the problem quickly and provided excellent customer care. I highly recommend their courteous and prompt services. Show Less
Jul 20th, 2020
The Perks of Our Carpet Beetle Pest Control Service
In order to enrich our services further, we provide additional benefits to our London customers.
- Non-toxic insecticides – we strive to provide safe carpet beetle treatments and protect your family and pets, that’s why we opt for harmless but still powerful solutions;
- Schedule availability – we know you have a busy schedule and because of it, we try to be available during weekends, evenings and even bank holidays;
- Insured and emergency treatments – depending on the severity of your problem, you can choose between a 3-month guaranteed service or an emergency carpet beetle treatment;
- Additional services – Upon request, we can help you clean all treated areas. The cleaning takes hold 5 days after the carpet beetle control treatment and is done by professionals.
How to Prepare Your Home for Treatment
Because of the nature of our carpet beetle treatment, we will require of you to fulfill the following things:
- Hover the areas that will be treated prior to our arrival in order to provide a ready-to-work space;
- Remove all pets from the area where the treatment takes hold. This includes any fish tanks or other animals;
- The treated floor needs to be free of human presence during the procedure and two hours after it in order to let the insecticides work to the fullest;
- Once you return, make sure to open the windows for 10-15 minutes to freshen the air;
- Avoid cleaning treated areas for at least 5 days – this will ensure that the product’s residue effect is intact which will help to protect your home from further infestations;
More About the Carpet Beetles
The UK is a home to one of the most damaging species of carpet beetles – the varied carpet beetle. This tiny bug resembles a common ladybird but covered with gold and grey scales and are further identified with the shape and pattern of those scales. The adult specimens can fly and usually manage to reach the windowsills, which is a sure sign of larvae presence. These beetles mate outside but lay their eggs inside the house, in the safety of cracks and crevices.
Once the eggs hatch and the larvae appear, they make their way around the house to cupboards and drawers. They are quite successful at that because of their size – less than 1mm when hatched. The larvae is called “woolly bears” because of their short, hairy appearance and at this stage, they began feeding and damaging carpets, fabrics of various origin, fur and feathers and even cotton materials on their way to the feather-filled cushion.
Carpet beetles, such as other textile boring insects like the clothes moths, usually get introduced into homes through birds’ and wasps nests or insect burrows. Once settled, they can become quite difficult to destroy because of their lengthy life cycle – up to two years. That is why it is recommended to act immediately once you notice any signs of their presence.
Infestation Facts on Other Household Pests
- Ant Infestation
- Bed Bugs Infestation
- Cockroaches Infestation
- Fleas Infestation
- Rat Infestation
Ants are a common pest in our homes. If you want to learn more about this menace and how you can and should treat them. Read more on our ant infestation page.
The terror that is sleeping in your bed. This little blood sucking house pest could be in your mattress without you even noticing it. Learn more about the bed bugs and how to spot a bed bug infestation.
A pest that you don’t want to spot in your kitchen. The cockroach can quickly take over your home, especially at night. Learn some interesting facts about the roaches, and how to spot the signs of cockroach infestation on time.
Fleas can be a huge issue, especially if you have children and pets present in your property. Flea bites can be irritating and even dangerous in some cases. See how to spot flea infestations early and more facts on the pest.
Rats are a pest that come in your home for food and shelter. Those rodents like to hide in walls, basements and attics. They are a major health risk and should not be allowed inside. Get familiar with their habits and signs of rat infestation.