Effective Carpet Beetle Treatment for Londoners
In the past years, beetles have become a great problem for domestic homes and museum collections. They are a known destroyer of upholstered furniture, wool carpets and all kinds of garments causing serious damage and headache.
To deal with a beetle issue, contact 24/7 Pest Control as we provide advanced carpet beetle treatments in London and surrounding areas. We are familiar with the various types of beetles in the UK, know all about their habits and have the means and tools to eradicate them quickly before they bring more destruction to your property.
The Perks of Our Carpet Beetle Pest Control Service
In order to enrich our services further, we provide additional benefits to our London customers.
- Non-toxic insecticides - we strive to provide safe carpet beetle treatments and protect your family and pets, that’s why we opt for harmless but still powerful solutions;
- Schedule availability - we know you have a busy schedule and because of it, we try to be available during weekends, evenings and even bank holidays;
- Insured and emergency treatments - depending on the severity of your problem, you can choose between a 3-month guaranteed service or an emergency carpet beetle treatment;
- Additional services - Upon request, we can help you clean all treated areas. The cleaning takes hold 5 days after the carpet beetle control treatment and is done by professionals.
How Does Our Carpet Beetle Treatment Works
#1. 24/7 Pest Control works with professional exterminators in London to execute the carpet beetle pest control procedure. We send you a technician who will fully inspect your property to define the type of beetle and the level of infestation. All of this is required in order to pick the most suitable product for a complete beetle eradication.
#2. Once the beetle species is defined and all affected zones marked for treatment, your carpet beetle exterminator will proceed with the treatment itself - he will apply a powerful insecticide with a lasting residual effect. The product has an immediate effect on the carpet beetle population in all life stages and it will need to settle for two hours before you return to your property.
#3. Now that your home is no longer infested, your exterminator will share some tips on how to protect it from future problems and keep all your textile safe. If you have booked our insured carpet beetle treatment, you get two additional visits from us for the next 3 months. This type of service ensures a total eradication of the beetle population because no insects manage to survive and multiply.
HOW TO PREPARE YOUR HOME FOR TREATMENT
Because of the nature of our carpet beetle treatment, we will require of you to fulfill the following things:
- Hover the areas that will be treated prior to our arrival in order to provide a ready-to-work space;
- Remove all pets from the area where the treatment takes hold. This includes any fish tanks or other animals;
- The treated floor needs to be free of human presence during the procedure and two hours after it in order to let the insecticides work to the fullest;
- Once you return, make sure to open the windows for 10-15 minutes to freshen the air;
- Avoid cleaning treated areas for at least 5 days - this will ensure that the product’s residue effect is intact which will help to protect your home from further infestations;
More About the Carpet Beetles
The UK is a home to one of the most damaging species of carpet beetles - the varied carpet beetle. This tiny bug resembles a common ladybird but covered with gold and grey scales and are further identified with the shape and pattern of those scales. The adult specimens can fly and usually manage to reach the windowsills, which is a sure sign of larvae presence. These beetles mate outside but lay their eggs inside the house, in the safety of cracks and crevices.
Once the eggs hatch and the larvae appear, they make their way around the house to cupboards and drawers. They are quite successful at that because of their size - less than 1mm when hatched. The larvae is called “woolly bears” because of their short, hairy appearance and at this stage, they began feeding and damaging carpets, fabrics of various origin, fur and feathers and even cotton materials on their way to the feather-filled cushion.
Carpet beetles, such as other textile boring insects like the clothes moths, usually get introduced into homes through birds’ and wasps nests or insect burrows. Once settled, they can become quite difficult to destroy because of their lengthy life cycle - up to two years. That is why it is recommended to act immediately once you notice any signs of their presence.