- RSPH-certified professionals
- Suitable for residential buildings, business properties and industrial premises.
- Same- and next-day availability
Efficient removal of eggs, larvae and adult moths:
Certificates and accreditation
Why Choose our Moth Control Service
Did you find your favourite sweater riddled and unwearable? Does your wedding dress have holes in it? Moths are one of those pests who get by unnoticed until they ruin your favourite garments.
Get comprehensive moth control in London from 24/7 Pest Control – we will eliminate clothes moths and protect your possessions from pesky insects. We have the know-how to stop the wool-eating insects from destroying your apparel in just one visit! Call us and save your precious collection of clothes.
In recent years, moths and carpet beetles have become an issue in the UK as more and more people complain of damaged carpets, upholstery, and clothing. Such a problem led to the development and implementation of advanced moth control measures, especially in the London territory, where we see a massive spike in infested properties – residential and commercial alike. To tackle the problem effectively, 24/7 Pest Control relies on leading products for moth fumigation and the help of experienced local professionals. For severe infestations, opt for heat treatment – your local exterminator will advise you on the best solution.
How the Moth Control Service Works
Infestations of moths are nearly impossible to control on your own. The 24/7 pest control service can assist you in removing any moth signs in your home.
- The extent of the infestation will be determined through a close inspection of your property. We will then recommend the most appropriate procedure for dealing with moths.
- The insecticide will eliminate carpet and clothes moths swiftly from the affected areas. If required, the technician might use fogging or heat treatment for the areas affected by the problem.
- Pest control technicians can return after the initial treatment to inspect the property and proceed with a second treatment if moth activity continues.
- As well as providing some practical tips for preventing further infestations, the exterminator will also provide a copy of the written report about the treatment.
24/7 Pest Control staff is very friendly and gets things done quickly. They are quick to help out with any problem. Employees are very friendly and helpful. All workers know their ... Read More
24/7 Pest Control staff is very friendly and gets things done quickly. They are quick to help out with any problem. Employees are very friendly and helpful. All workers know their job and don't mind taking time to explain what they're doing, or point out important pieces of information. Show Less
Sep 6th, 2020
24/7 Pest Control has an excellent team of pest control technicians and irrigation experts ready to answer calls day and night. It's comforting to know that our problems are taken ... Read More
24/7 Pest Control has an excellent team of pest control technicians and irrigation experts ready to answer calls day and night. It's comforting to know that our problems are taken seriously as soon as we call. We also love the promptness of the technicians sent over. A few visits, and our issues are resolved. Show Less
Sep 17th, 2020
I can?t rate 24/7 Pest Control highly enough. We had a problem with rodents for months. Other pest control companies were reluctant to help, sending bait along with technicians who... Read More
I can?t rate 24/7 Pest Control highly enough. We had a problem with rodents for months. Other pest control companies were reluctant to help, sending bait along with technicians who only visited once and then left. I was so grateful that 24/7 Pest Control came through the first time and invested in a thorough risk assessment to eliminate the problem thoroughly. Customer satisfaction is paramount, above all. Show Less
Sep 22nd, 2020
Our Moth Fumigation Service Comes With Benefits
Alongside our moth extermination in London, we offer some additional benefits to our customers. We constantly improve our moth treatments and the knowledge of the exterminators that work with us. We also provide additional bits and pieces to form a tailored solution for every customer, to rid you of your pest problem and, if possible, prevent further infestations. Your property will be free of flying insects in no time, but that’s just one of the perks 24/7 Pest Control’s moth treatment in London has to offer:
- Comprehensive and tailored solution – provided by certified moth exterminators in London and surrounding areas;
- Quick, affordable, and discreet moth treatment – an infestation can cause stress in more than one way. We know how to deal with your problem promptly and close-mouthed;
- Family-safe pesticides – we follow the COSHH guidelines (Control of Substance Hazardous to Health) to protect your health and your family when executing our moth fumigation services;
- Flexible booking slots – Our services are available anytime to suit even your most hectic daily schedules. You can book a moth removal specialist seven days a week, evenings included, and even on bank holidays;
- Guaranteed service – if you opt for guaranteed moth treatment, you can request two free visits within three months after the initial visit. The insured moth control procedure is what we recommend if you aim at complete pest eradication.
Follow-up home disinfection – you can take advantage of professional property cleaning. All you need to do is request it when booking your service – a team of cleaners will come five days after the moth treatment and will wipe away all traces of insects.
What to Do in case of Moths Infestation
If you’ve noticed signs of moth infestation at your property, it is best to hire a moth exterminator, as he’ll know the proper measures to take. Still, it is a good idea to understand how to minimise the damage to your wardrobe and prevent the spreading and possible infestations.
- Find the infested area. It can be any place where you store textiles and leather – your wardrobe, chests, drawers, and cupboards are good places to check first. It should be easy to find, as the items in the area will be damaged to a greater extent.
- Wash all your textile items, including damaged ones, curtains, rugs, carpets, soft furnishing, pillows, and more. Keep the damaged items away from your unaffected clothes. It is a good idea to put your clothes in plastic bags before moving them outside the room to prevent the moths to other parts of your property.
- Vacuum the affected area and throw out the vacuum bag immediately afterwards, as both larvae and adult moths can easily find (and, in case you are using textile bags – eat) their way out.
- Still, DIY moth removal can only reduce the population of the moths and does not solve the problem – it only minimises the damage. In no way can it replace a proper professional moth treatment. If you want to avoid dealing with damaged clothes and carpets, call our moth control team in London!
Infestation Facts on Other Household Pests
- Ant Infestation
- Bed Bugs Infestation
- Cockroaches Infestation
- Fleas Infestation
- Rat Infestation
Ants are a common pest in our homes. Suppose you want to learn more about this menace and how you can and should treat them, read more on our ant infestation page.
They are the terror that lives on your bed. This little blood-sucking house pest could be in your mattress without you even noticing it. Learn more about bed bugs and how to spot a bed bug infestation.
A pest that you don’t want to spot in your kitchen. The cockroach can quickly take over your home, especially at night. Learn some interesting facts about roaches and how to spot the signs of cockroach infestation on time.
Fleas can be a huge issue, especially if you have children and pets present on your property. Flea bites can be irritating and even dangerous in some cases. See how to spot flea infestations early and more facts on the pest.
Rats are a pest that comes into your home for food and shelter, so they like to hide in walls, basements and attics. They can be a severe health hazard and should not be allowed inside. Get familiar with their habits and signs of rat infestation.
What causes an infestation of moths?
Moth infestations are most commonly caused by clothes moths. The simplest way to avoid getting a moth infestation is to be careful with what you bring into your home. Clothing that has larvae or eggs hiding in it can introduce a moth problem when you least expect it.
Are moths hard to get rid of?
Despite your best efforts, getting rid of moths is more complex than you think. You will unlikely be able to remove them from their new environment once they have settled in and made themselves at home. The best thing you can do to stop a moth infestation is to contact professional pest control services.
What is the best repellent for moths?
Moths avoid the smell of rosemary, mint, cedar, cloves, thyme and lavender. Remember that repellents cannot resolve an ongoing infestation but can work as a prevention method.
Should I worry about moths in my house?
Unlike some pests, clothes moths do not affect your health. However, they can cause severe damage to carpets, furniture, and clothing made of wool and silk.