- Using traps and safe dispatch
- Emergency treatments 24/7, even on Bank Holidays
- Options for 3- and 4-month guarantee
Inspection, removal and prevention of squirrel infestation
Certificates and accreditation
Why Choose our Squirrel Control Service
Although cute, squirrels are considered pests for more than one reason. Not only do they bear destruction to your property by gnawing on the interior and exterior, but they are also known spreaders of fleas and ticks. Ergo, you do not want them as guests in your house.
24/7 Pest Control offers a comprehensive squirrel control service in London. We will humanely get rid of them, utilising squirrel traps and safely removing the rodents from your property. Suitable for both residential homes and commercial properties, our services are:
- Guaranteed: our complete squirrel control comes with a 3-month guarantee;
- Convenient: we are available 24/7 and on bank holidays;
- Complete: upon request, we utilise preventative solutions at your home.
So far your pest control service has exterminated the cockroaches. We are very pleased that the situation has now improved, but we will keep an eye out to ensure that they don't re... Read More
So far your pest control service has exterminated the cockroaches. We are very pleased that the situation has now improved, but we will keep an eye out to ensure that they don't return. Show Less
Apr 11th, 2020
Great service. I was completely surprised when the issue was resolved so well! Customer service reps were clear in explaining things and welcomed any questions. This place definite... Read More
Great service. I was completely surprised when the issue was resolved so well! Customer service reps were clear in explaining things and welcomed any questions. This place definitely gets my recommendation. Show Less
Jun 23rd, 2020
Amazing, speedy service, thorough inspection and expert advice. If you want the job done properly, come straight to these guys.... Read More
Amazing, speedy service, thorough inspection and expert advice. If you want the job done properly, come straight to these guys. Show Less
Sep 16th, 2020
The Dangers of a Squirrel Infestation
Grey squirrels are common species in London and across the UK. They nest in areas rich in trees, making parks and other recreational places their favourite. Once winter arrives, they seek hideouts to nest, which is when your house becomes particularly attractive to them and endangered of squirrel invasion. In urban areas, squirrels are used to the environment to such a point they no longer fear humans and the methods used to scare them away. Inside your home, they quickly get possessive, considering it their own, making them even harder to repel. Squirrel presence bears the following risks:
- Hard to chase away once they settle their nests;
- Spreaders of ticks and fleas, squirrels are often the reason for insect infestations;
- Gnaw on various surfaces and materials bearing structural damage to your home;
- Chew on electric cables causing power shortages
Basements and attics are squirrels’ preferred places to nest and the ones in which you can search for clues of their presence, such as gnaw marks and droppings. They are usually quite noisy, so they can’t pass by unnoticed. You can even see them entering and leaving the premises when they look for food – this is one of the main signs that they are probably nesting somewhere inside, and it’s time for squirrel pest control measures.
*Red squirrels are protected in the UK under the Wildlife and Countryside Act of 1981. They are protected in the UK because they are a native species and an important part of the country’s wildlife heritage. For that, we treat them as humanely as possible! It is illegal to kill, injure, or take a red squirrel intentionally or to damage or destroy its breeding or resting places.
Our Squirrel Control Procedure
The squirrel control methods we use are designed to track and effectively eliminate squirrels. To prevent their spreading and minimise the damage to your house, contact us as soon as possible so we can help you.
The whole squirrel control procedure is comprised of several steps:
- Inspection: A squirrel exterminator comes to the property fully equipped and checks all the possible locations squirrel traces can be found. Then will mark all entry spots and areas for treatment;
- Squirrel Control Procedure: The pest control specialist will carefully place squirrel traps in strategic places. When a squirrel is caught, it’s dispatched in a humane way, following all UK rules and regulations;
- Squirrel Removal: You must check every day whether there is a squirrel in any of the traps. If you notice one, give us a call right away, and we will send a technician within 24 hours to reset the trap and get rid of the squirrel; (2 visits available in 3 months, after that, the exterminator will come and collect the traps, leaving your property pest free)
- Prevention: UK homes have many weak spots, which come in handy for all kinds of rodents. Mice and rat infestations, for example, are also common issues. Upon request, and if the construction allows, your pest technician can install rodent barriers to minimise the risk of pest invasions.
Infestation Facts on Other Household Pests
- Ant Infestation
- Bed Bugs Infestation
- Cockroaches Infestation
- Fleas Infestation
- Rat Infestation
Ants are a common pest in our homes. Suppose you want to learn more about this menace and how you can and should treat them, read more on our ant infestation page.
They are the terror that lives on your bed. This little blood-sucking house pest could be in your mattress without you even noticing it. Learn more about bed bugs and how to spot a bed bug infestation.
A pest that you don’t want to spot in your kitchen. The cockroach can quickly take over your home, especially at night. Learn some interesting facts about roaches and how to spot the signs of cockroach infestation on time.
Fleas can be a huge issue, especially if you have children and pets present on your property. Flea bites can be irritating and even dangerous in some cases. See how to spot flea infestations early and more facts on the pest.
Rats are a pest that comes into your home for food and shelter, so they like to hide in walls, basements and attics. They can be a severe health hazard and should not be allowed inside. Get familiar with their habits and signs of rat infestation.
Do rats move like squirrels?
You can identify a type of infestation in your attic based on the time of day when you hear movement. Rats are nocturnal creatures that move around at night, while squirrels are active during the day. So if you hear a noise in the loft during the day, it is a squirrel.
Why is it illegal to release a trapped squirrel?
Releasing a trapped grey squirrel into the wild or maintaining one in captivity is illegal. Grey squirrels are non-native invasive species. It is an offence to release them in the wild under section 14 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act (1981).
Why is a squirrel trying to get into my house?
The reasons squirrels enter your home are the same as those for mice and rats - they are looking for food, shelter, protection from predators, and a place to nest. Squirrels will enter your home if it has easy access points.
What size hole can a squirrel fit through?
A 2 cm wide hole is large enough for squirrels to fit through and come into your home. Squirrels can sneak through even the smallest of cracks, so the technician will ensure that each gap is sealed if requested.